now browsing by category
Zipper Solution, Clever Tip Of The Day
This is one of the easiest and cheapest zipper solutions I’ve ever heard for a problem that can potentially cost you a lot of embarrassment and social awkwardness. For 10 cents you can ensure that your fly is never down in public again!
Step 1: Supplies
- one 3/4″ OD double key ring (just larger than the button on your pants, say a penny)
- really strong nails or a small screwdriver
- pair of pants with a constantly low flying zipper
Emergency sewing repairs and alterations
Life is full of unexpected occurrences.
You have a big occasion coming up, maybe tomorrow and you discover that:
You have a tear in your dress, the zipper is broken or
the pants to your best suit are too tight in the waist and
many other possibilities.
You were about to go on an important trip or vacation and you discover that:
the strap on your backpack is broken or
the strap on your bicycle rack needs to be replaced.
An important piece of clothing needs a repair or
the tent flap needs to be fixed.
All kinds of emergency repairs and alterations to clothing, outdoor gear, even home decor (a torn curtain)
How To Zip Up Your Dress When Alone
You’re getting ready for the big party and you are supremely excited about your dress. It’s is perfect, aside from the fact that it has a punishingly long zipper down the back and you’re home alone. But seriously, this dress is awesome and not wearing it is out of the question. Here’s what you do.
What you need: A long ribbon, string or shoelace.
What you do: Thread the ribbon/string/shoelace through a hole in the zipper, and then step into the dress. With one hand, grab the ends of the ribbon behind your back and pull it over your shoulder. As you pull, it will zip all the way up.
Why it works: Because you’re an independent genius–that’s why.
Do you have a zipper that needs repairing? Or a cushion, bag or garment in need of a zipper?
- We will sew in zippers and replace zippiers on jackets, pants, jeans, skirts, dresses, bridal wear, cushion covers, ski jackets, motor bike jackets, leather jackets and sleeping bags
- Whether you need an invisible zipper for your skirt or dress, or a metal zipper for your motor bike jacket we always try to source as close to the original quality and appearance of zipper as possible
- We can also put zippers into garments that do not have zips. Ask our skilled professional seamstress if it is possible for your garment
- We carry a range of core zippers colors and sizes in stock, but can also seek to order a specific matching zipper upon request
- We can also repair zippers on sleeping bags
Eve’s Alterations Zipper Repair we will sew and replace old zippers on jackets, pants, jeans, skirts, dresses, cushion covers, baby suits, ski jackets and suits, motor bike gear, leather jackets and many other garments. We match the original zip where possible.
4636 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy Suite K
Kissimmee, FL 34746