Coats / Jackets
now browsing by category
Suit Alterations You Should Make To Off The Rack Suits. Off-the-rack suit aren’t designed to fit perfectly, so if you don’t have the cash for an expensive bespoke Suit, you’re gonna need a tailor. With thread, needle and a flick of the wrist this rare breed of clothing magicians can alter your not-custom suit into something as close to custom as possible — all while saving you a bundle.
One of these wizards is Eve, who’s been holding down sewing duties for over 25 years at Eve’s Alterations in Kissimmee Florida especially when it pertains to off the rack suit alterations. Soak up these recommendations for the seven alterations you should make to every off-the-rack suit, and never again will a great deal be ruined by a terrible fit.
These are 6 off the rack suit alterations you should make to your suits.
- Narrow the sleeves: They shouldn’t be restrictively tight, but they shouldn’t be baggy either — slim is the ideal middle-ground.
- Shorten the sleeves: The proper length should show a half-inch of shirt cuff (called “linen”) when your hands are at your sides.
- Jacket length: The whole length thing is variable, as we all have torsos, arms, and legs of different lengths. But a good rule to go by is that the jacket should cover your ass.
- Pant length: Cuffed or non-cuffed? Non-cuffed is a more modern, flush look. Full break? Half? No break at all?! It’s up to your personal taste.
- Take in/let out the waist: This is typically going to be the former (if not, it might be time for a gym membership). Baggy is bad, but Victorian corset choke is worse. You should be comfortable when you sit, stand, and walk.
- Narrow the pant leg: For a slimmer look, have the tailor pull the fabric in from around your shin up through your thigh.
Coat / Jacket
Our highly trained seamstresses have the skills to alter your Coat or Jacket to achieve the perfect fit. To improve the fit of your coat or jacket we can take in the side seams or rear center seam for a flattering fit. We can also shorten the length of your coat or sleeves ensuring the original stitch pattern, thread color and any detail are matched perfectly. When shortening the sleeves of a coat we from the sleeve end. A ripple of excess fabric across the back neck area or ‘Square back neck’ can be removed by simply opening the back neck and shoulder seam, lifting excess fabric and re-stitching as original for a more complimentary fit on the body. If your jacket or coat has worn lining we can replace your existing lining with either a close resembling colour or replace with a colour of your choice adding more pockets or detail at your request. Zip or button replacement are of course basic alterations that we are happy to perform.
4636 W Irlo Bronson Memorial hwy Suite K
Kissimmee, FL 34746